Translate

Friday, March 8, 2013

My Favorite Shake Recipes





I must admit I am a total chocolate lover. Hands down straight up Dutch Chocolate Formula 1 Healthy Meal is my favorite basic shake. I was a total coffee lover a year ago and even though I am more of an herbal tea person now I still love the taste of coffee so Cafe Latte Formula 1 is delicious too. Now I have taken it a step further because what I haven't told you is that Mocha is a serious weakness of mine!! I mixed 1 scoop of the Dutch Chocolate and 1 scoop of the Cafe Latte with non-fat milk and.......... WOWSER!!  It was a harmonious experience to say the least!! The thought that staying healthy could taste this good still blows my mind to this day! Now on another note, I know that Spring and Summer are just around the corner so it's time to get out the blender again because it is soon to be Smoothie Season!!!!! Smoothies are a delicious and nutritious way to cool down when the swelter of summer is at full peak.  As a healthy meal with up to 21 vitamins, minerals, essential nutrients including fiber and 9 grams of protein, a cool and refreshing Herbalife smoothie is just the beverage to have in hand while relaxing in the shade. I know that the amount of quality protein in your diet is the single most important calorie that influences your metabolic rate, favorably influencing weight loss and even weight maintenance.  Quality protein also helps you sustain muscle during weight loss, improve muscle fitness, immunity, and antioxidant function. This is why I like to add Personalized Protein Powder to my shakes and smoothies boosting me up to as much as 30 grams of essential protein with the help of non-fat milk or soy milk.  Here are a couple recipes I love:


Chocolate Raspberry Shake


Serves: 1


Ingredients:

2 scoops Dutch Chocolate Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix

2 tablespoons Personalized Protein Powder (or more)

1 cup plain soy milk or nonfat milk


1 cup frozen raspberries

1/8 teaspoon orange extract

4 ice cubes


Directions:

Place all ingredients in the blender and mix thoroughly until the ice cubes are completely crushed. Ice cubes are optional.


Nutritional Analysis (with nonfat milk):

Calories: 280

Protein: 30 grams






Pineapple Orange Coconut Smoothie


Serves: 1


Ingredients:

2 scoops French Vanilla Formula

1 Nutritional Shake Mix

2 tablespoons Personalized Protein Powder (or more)

1 cup plain soy milk or nonfat milk

1 cup frozen pineapple chunks

1/8 teaspoon coconut extract

1/4 teaspoon orange extract

1/2 - 1 cup ice


Directions:

Place all ingredients in the blender and mix thoroughly until the ice cubes are completely crushed.


Nutritional Analysis (with nonfat milk):

Calories: 295

Protein: 30 grams

Fat: 1 gram

Carbohydrates: 44 grams


ENJOY!!




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the herbalife shake. They are the best tasting shakes in the world. Definitely going to try these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Penny!! I'm a tropical fruit lover as well as a chocolate lover. The pineapple orange coconut is wonderful! I'm going to experiment with mango, passion fruit, and kiwi too!! See you in the tropics LOL

      Delete